On Tuesday, November 29, 2016, MCS is participating in #GivingTuesday. Last year, we set a #GivingTuesday fundraising goal of $10,000 and received more than $35,000 in donations. This year, in honor of our 50th anniversary, we’ve stretched our target to $50,000.
To help us reach this goal, we are offering our supporters an opportunity to double the impact of their gift. A friend in the MCS community has promised to match every dollar (up to $50,000) donated on November 29. That means your gift of $25 becomes $50, $100 becomes $200, $500 becomes $1,000—and goes even further in supporting our students, our teachers, our school and our community.
Here’s how you can participate in #GivingTuesday and maximize the impact of your gift:
- Give online on Tuesday, November 29.
- Text GivingTuesMCS to 41444 on Tuesday, November 29 to receive a link to make a donation via our new mobile giving platform.
- Mail a check to Manhattan Country School, 150 West 85th Street, New York, NY 10024. (To participate in the matching-gift challenge, envelopes must be postmarked by November 29.)
Your support of The MCS Fund on #GivingTuesday will help ensure that students at MCS continue to gain the knowledge and critical thinking skills necessary to advocate for justice and impact change.
After You Give
Spread the Word
Let others know about your generosity by sharing the news on Facebook and Twitter. Be sure to include as many of the following hashtags as possible: #givingtuesday #MCSFund, #supportMCS. In your tweets, be sure to include our Twitter handle: @MCS96.
Take an "Unselfie" Pic
Tell the world why you support MCS by taking an "unselfie" pic.
Follow these easy steps;
2. Describe why you are supporting Manhattan Country School on #GivingTuesday.
3. Take a picture of yourself holding the sign.
4.Share your #UNselfie on social media and encourage your friends to give. Be sure to include the following hashtags in your post: #givingtuesday, #unselfie, #WhyIGive2MCS, #MCSFund, #supportMCS. Include our Twitter handle (@MCS96) in your tweets.